Sinovac CoronaVac First Dose

Last Wednesday (23 June 2021) was the day for me to participate in PIKAS Program (Program Imunisasi Industri COVID-19 Kerjasama Awam-Swasta) to take the first dose of Sinovac CoronaVac Vaccine at Bukit Jawi Golf Resort.
During that day, it was originally scheduled to be depart at 11am according to the schedule that scheduled by my company's facility teams. However, there are some technical issues happened on that day such as registration system down and buses was congested in the traffic due to the FMCO (Full Movement Control Order) road blocks and it causes a delayed on my batches' departure time.

We were required to take buses or vans that provided by our company so we were gathered at the car park 15 minutes before the scheduled time (10.45am). After waiting for one and the half hour the bus finally arrived safely. We only can get into the bus after our security guard sanitize the bus. It was around 12.00pm, we start our journey to the PPV (Pusat Pemberian Vaccine) which was located at Bukit Jawi Golf Resort.


The bus was just half loaded (22 passengers) as we have to complying to the SOP (Standard Operations Procedure) to make sure we were distancing and safe while on the way to the center. The travel time tooks around 20 minutes and we finally arrived. I was quite nervous on that time as I have such a long time didn't take any jab on my arm even though my dad and my boyfriend shared with me regarding their experience on taking the first dose of vaccine. Both of them said that they actually didn't feel anything while the doctor giving them the vaccine as the needle was so tiny.


A long the way we walk into the lobby and sitting in briefing station, there were a lot of check in QR code that place on the pillars to ease us for check-in to the Golf Resort location in MySejahterah application (An application for Malaysia government to allow us to register for the vaccine). The welcoming station is a briefing section, which make sure we have update our health status in My Sejahterah application and make sure we filled in the consent form correctly. Lastly, the volunteer also told us that the vaccine that we will be given is SINOVAC CoronaVac Vaccine.
There will be six station in total:
  1. Check in  MySejahtera and Temperature
  2. Registration and Check in Vaccination QR Code
  3. Consent
  4. Immunization
  5. Scan Vaccine Code
  6. Observations
After the briefing station, we were proceed to the first station to check our vaccine status and temperature before proceed to the station 2 registration. There are some funny stories happen during here. There was a senior colleague at the same time a volunteer to help in the PPV calm us by giving us to concentrate on our breathing when we have the vaccine so we won't concentrate on how the needle is poke through our arm etc. Yeah, is finally my turn to check the temperature, the helper there ask "Pernah dapat covid ke?"  
"Tak", I replied.
He emphasized and request confirmation from me again "Belum kan?" 
I smiled and replied "Bukan Belum tapi Tidak". 🤭🤣 
Both of us laugh and he asked me to proceed to the second station (Registration and Check in Vaccination QR code). We were informed that not to close our my sejahterah application until the end of the vaccination process (station 6). To save my smartphone battery I turn off the screen by pressing on the power button without closing the application. That was my first time realized that unlock using fingerprint is such a life saver for efficiency. Haha 🤭

At station 2, we were requested to show our IC (Identity card) and reconfirm our working position name and handphone number. Besides, we also have to check in the Vaccination QR code using the link provided under the appointment details in MySejahtera application. After the registration we were directed to the station 3, consent station. The witness  asked about our medical history and witness us to sign Covid19 Vaccination Consent Form.

After that proceed to Station 4 Immunization waiting area, there were 6 (Section A to F) cubicle Vaccination section while during that time only 5 were running (Section A to E). I was waiting in the Section D where that section was only handle by one Female Doctor. When I first enter the cubical section I closed up the curtain and sat on the chair provided and waiting for Doctor's instructions.

I was first asked to scan for the vaccine code and doctor start to show me the vaccine I'm going to have and told me 0.5ml of sinovac vaccine. All the way I saw her to pull the syringe and release the bubble air from the syringe to come out by flickering her fingers to the syringe. When the time she ready to jab the needle to my arm, she asked me to breathe in. Ya, I hold my breath until the end of the injection because she didn't ask me to breathe out. 🤣🤣 She explained to me the possible  side effects for the vaccination and ask me is okay to have panadol. At the same time I also took the opportunity to ask "How about bathing?"🤭 something odd I know. She also said that it is normal to feel numb and pain but it should be okay after a few days. The moment I stood up I realized my hand was numb and I don't feel like moving my hand. That was rhe the moment I realized I did use quite a lot of my left hand to complete my daily task. 😂

Before proceed to the last station I was dropped by to collect the vaccination reminder card which is needed when we come back for the second dose of vaccination. Finally, last station observation, I sat there for 15 minutes until my name was called to leave the hall. Basically the whole process is very smooth.

At the exit point of the hall, there were some photo booth provide by the center and my company for us to take down this precious moments. "I'm Vaccinated." 🤭 After that wait for the bus and leave the golf resort around 1.55pm.


To wrap up the side effects, I felt numb and pain on the hand that I have the injection. Very easy to get hungry and thirsty. Very tired. During that day I have my late lunch around 3.30pm and some tea break egg tarts after my lunch. After a few hours, I have my dinner at 6.30pm and supper at 10.00pm. Not really know can it be considered as side effects?🤭🤔🤔

Yeah, I requested to WFH (Work From Home) on the next day because my hand is numb and I am not confident that I am able to drive alone to my company which located 30km away from my house and it took about 40 minutes with my driving speed. This reason might be ridiculous for you but for me is a concern as I am still a newbie in driving. Even though I was teasing by my colleague because of the reasons 😂. BTW, hey, driving with single hand wasn't a good practice while driving yar. 😏

Three weeks more (14 June) for the second dose. Good luck🍀

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Insurance Sharing 保单分享 #1

马大大学时期打卡的地方 / Check In Points During UM Life