Arduino IDE Bug (Keep Minimized)

Sunday night, just planned to view my sketches before next day of working. Suddenly realize that my Arduino IDE always open in minimized mode and does not able to view IDE windows. Luckily, I found some workable solution from Arduino's Forum and the solutions work. I will summaries the workable solution below.

Screenshot of my desktop when opening Arduino.exe:

It just opened successfully in minimize mode and not able to view IDE windows.

Solutions:

  1. Go to:  C:/Users/< your_username >/AppData/Local
  2. Rename the "Arduino15" folder to "Arduino15.bak"
  3. Restart your Arduino.exe
  4. It will automatically create a new Default Arduino15 folder
  5. If you have any downloaded package, you can just copy paste into the new Arduino15 folder. If it is a third party packages. Remember to add the package's URLs back to your File > Preferences so you are not required to reinstall the packages again.
  6. While you restart the Arduino.exe, you are suppose to see the your packages in Tools > Board by clicking on Tools > Board > Boards Manager.
  7. You may delete "Arduino15.bak" folder if you are no longer need the files inside the folder to free up your disk space.
So why will this problem happened?
I personally think it is a problem due to the third party library as I downloaded ESP32 board manager from Espressif and a provided URL link from some tutorial website. The real reasons will be my future task to find it out.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Insurance Sharing 保单分享 #1

马大大学时期打卡的地方 / Check In Points During UM Life