First Time Using Covid19 Self Test Kit

Date: 26 Aug 2021 (Thursday)
I attend my company self test briefing and understand about according to new government policy all the employees have to undergo self test by using a self test kit that provided by company twice a month.

It was the first time I really pay attention on self test kit as I have seen a lot from my friends insta story. Each self test kit roughly cost RM39+. Not Cheap as well but ya we have to care about our family, friends and colleagues, so no choice.

Basically the self test kit that I'm going to use is from AllTest brand (MDA approved) and will get the results by 15 minutes.

There are three types of results:
  1. Positive : Red line appears at both C & T. Even a faint red line on T is still consider positive.
  2. Negative : Red line only appears at C.
  3. Invalid : No line appears at all / Only red line appears at T line. (This might because of wrong procedure followed while doing the testing) Probably affected by food intake etc because the IFU (Instructions for use) mentioned we should not eat, drink at least for 10 minutes before the test)

Therefore, one of the intern also shared his practice when he doing the testing. He advised us to do the testing right after we woke up (without drinking / brush teeth). So shouldn't have anything to affect the testing results.


🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙 The Next Day 🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞

Date: 27 Aug 2021 (Friday)
Because I have to work in office. I purposely woke up at 6 am to do the testing.

I logged down what I have done as below:
1. Tidy the table, clean it and sanitize it.
2. Wash hand with soap.
3. Unboxing the test kit
4. Read the IFU (Instructions For Use) & Prepared my phone with 15 minutes timer.
5. Wash hand with soap for 30 seconds.
6. Wipe my hand clean with tissues paper.
7. Attached samples funnel onto the sample tube.
8. Use tissue paper to cover my mouth and deep caugh for a few times.
9. Split the saliva into the funnel.
📝 The first time I split I realized too much of saliva 🤦 (Because it exceeds the first marker🙅) So no choice,🙎 I throw the saliva away with a tissue paper and dispose in a rubbish bag that i prepare upfront and redo step 8.
10. Make sure the saliva that without bubble is exactly reached the first marker.
11. Discard the funnel in bio-hazard plastic bag.
12. Place the sample tube at the tube handle.
13. Open the buffer & Add all the buffer to the tube and make sure it reaches the second line marker.
14. Close the tube with Tube tip.
15. Squeeze the tube for 15 times to mix the saliva with the buffer.
16. Unsealed the sealed foil pouch and take out the testing device (casette).
17. Place the cassette on table with flat surface.
18. Drop 2 drops of sample solutions into the specimen.
19. Immediately start a 15 minutes timers.
20. Actually I observed the label is changing pink and finally it have a dark red line on C (Meaning not a invalid results).
21. Tik tok tik tok ⏲. Finally, Alarm Rang. 15 minutes reached. No red line appears at T line. 🎉 It means Negative!
22. Take a picture on the test results as company request for the image after the testing.

23. Pack everything in the biohazard bag. And throw the box and tissue into another plastic bag. 
24. Place the bio-hazard bag into a plastic bag and tie it with rubber band. This will be bring to company bio-hazard disposable bin.
25. Wash hand and sanitize the table again.

After that I went to bath and have my breakfast as I have to depart for work.
After reaching my working table, I submit the company self test form & submit MySejahtera Self Test results through the apps.
After submitting the results I got a details filled email from MySejahtera auto generated email to prove my submission.
The email as follows:


Around lunch time, I got a feedback from MySejahtera Helpdesk. The email as follows.

That's all about what happened during my first time using Covid19 Self Test Kit. Ta Ta (means Bye Bye) 👋👋.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Insurance Sharing 保单分享 #1

马大大学时期打卡的地方 / Check In Points During UM Life