LHDN Income Tax & e-Filing Pin

 After graduation and we started our first permanent job. We definitely will open an account for KWSP (EPF). Then you will ask, how about LHDN income tax account? Do we need to open an account by ourselves?

Here, I am going to record and share some of my experience regarding opening a LHDN account and e-Filing account.

PART 1: Open Income Tax Account (PS: I'm only share based on my experience):
  • Mostly, our company will triggered and help us to open Income Tax account with LHDN.
  • After that, I received a formal letter sent by LHDN to my house.
  • In the letter, it stated our income tax number (nombor cukai pendapatan)
    • (eg. SG XXXXXXXXXXX)
  • Then we should inform our company about our income tax number.
After having the income tax account, your company will do the monthly deduction which included INCOME TAX, EPF, SOCSO and EIS. How to know about the rate for monthly deduction? [Refer to EXTRA INFO / USEFUL LINKS Section]

PART 2: Open e-Filing Account
  • We need an e-Filing account to file in filing Income Tax Return Form (ITRF) (eg. for 2020)  electronically through the internet around Apr of next year (eg. 2021 Apr).
  • To open a e-Filing account, we need to get e-Filing Pin from LHDN. Before this, I have asked my colleague, they said have to go to the LHDN office and request, online request is not working. However, recently, my friend (YueSong) told me, he and his friends successfully requested the pin for e-Filing through online application.
  • Here, I'm going to share the steps to apply for e-Filing Pin:
    1. Visit and Read through Maklum Balas Pelanggan for e-Filing
    2. Print and fill in Borang CP55D
    3. Scan a copy of NRIC/Passport
    4. Go to the Application Form & fill in your details:
      • Subjek : Nombor Pin Sijil Digital Individu
      • Borang CP600B Dilampirkan (This is the form required when you wish to change your current registered address / tel no etc.): Tidak
      • Butiran : <Your Name> & <IC/Passport>
    5. Scan and submit the Borang CP55D (mentioned in step 1) & submit the NRIC/Passport Document
  • After a few days (check your registered email) [For my case, I apply on Monday 25 Jan 10pm and I got the pin on Wednesday 27 Jan 12:18pm]
    • Open your e-Filling account according to the steps in the email or Official First Time Login Tutorial
    • Maybe when you login into ezHASiL and click on "Return/Kembali". You will be redirect to  LHDNM - MyTax Portal and auto login (for my case it takes around 7 seconds LOLz).
      • You will ask, whats the difference of both website? For me, I think it is just old and new UI respectively.
      • Btw, if you found there is any profile details need to be updated, you may click "e-Kemaskini" to submit your update application.
  • Wait for your EA Form distributed by your HR for filing Income Tax Return Form (ITRF).
EXTRA INFO / USEFUL LINKS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Insurance Sharing 保单分享 #1

马大大学时期打卡的地方 / Check In Points During UM Life